Brief description of fishery:
Special Rules for this fishery:
• Fishing from the conservation area (West end of North bank) is for Scottish Carp Group members ONLY and is from marked areas only. Please keep strictly to these areas and do not block the path. Carp fishing on the East Shore is also for Scottish Carp Group members only.
• No fires or BBQ’S on SCG pegs- Please keep noise to a minimum
• DO NOT damage any of the trees or bushes.
• Members must have a valid SCG membership card with them and show them on request.
• Fishing from all other areas on the North and Road bank is not allowed.
• Rods must be cast from the bank or platform on Kinghorn- boats and bait boats cannot be used to place baited rigs.
• Braid is banned from Kinghorn with the exception of marker and spod rod
• Lifejackets must be worn on any Scottish Carp Group Water when using a boat.
• No braided shock leaders on Kinghorn. They must be mono only.
• Members can also use the toilets at the Farm / old Ecology centre on the left at top of hill but please respect the residents and be quiet during the night and early morning! An eco-friendly composting toilet is also available on the East shore.
Kinghorn Loch can be reached by using the postcode KY3 9YG. This applies to both the Ecology Centre bank and the SCG bank.
Access & Parking
Parking is available on the North bank for accessing the Scottish Carp Group pegs. This car park is used by the public and other clubs who also use the loch. Please be courteous when leaving your car especially if this is overnight.
Parking is limited on the Ecology Centre bank. The access road is gated and a key is available to buy from the Ecology Centre on the production of a fully paid up to date SCG membership card. Please phone the Ecology Centre to enquire about keys.
- Common Carp
- Mirror Carp